The following is a true account of a client that completed a series of SLIP Emotional Resilience Building sessions.
Overview: 19 year old man living at home, unable to work or go to school because of frequent episodes of brain-fog and forgetfulness caused by prolonged periods of feeling physically and emotionally numb.
PROBLEMS & SYMPTOMS
- Childhood abuse
- Recurring nightmares
- Emotionally labile
- Prone to anger and rage
- Did not feel safe in relationships
- Hours to week-long periods of emotional numbness
- Socially isolated
- Unable to attend school or to work
- Difficulty driving due to frequent dissociation
- Problems with law enforcement
TREATMENT BEFORE SLIP-EMOTIONAL RESILIENCE BUILDING
- Talk therapy, 4 years
- Group therapy, 1 year
- EMDR, 1 year
- Inpatient treatment for suicidal ideations
- Medications caused intolerable side effects
SLIP EMOTIONAL RESILIENCE BUILDING EXPERIENCE
- Completed 6 sessions (not a complete series to resolve all of his issues)
- Stopped dissociating after 4 sessions
- Resumed part time work after 5 sessions
- Resolution of brain fog after 4 sessions
- More comfortable in social settings
- 90% reduction in anger and rage
- Improved relationships
A WORD ABOUT DISSOCIATION
Dissociation is a symptom of overwhelm caused by unresolved emotional wounds. By helping clients heal their deep emotional wounds, they move beyond the limitations and stigma associated with their clinical diagnosis. When clients no longer feel bad because of intense fear, anger, sadness, isolation and self-criticism, they become more grounded, confident, connected, and able to create a life they enjoy.
Let us know how we can help.
Before you book a session, we need to know if SLIP™ is a good fit for your issues.